I’ve held off writing a guide because the game is in beta and still undergoing a lot of changes. Unfortunately, the daily tips really don’t tell you enough about the game to really understand a lot of the mechanics so here is a temp guide explaining a few important keys.
You have 200 days to make as much money as possible.
Your office consists of 4 departments.(hr, engineering, marketing and office) Interns start in your main office and can be directed to any other department by either hovering over the department or using your arrow keys. Once you are finished moving interns around click the ‘New Day’ button in the top right. Interns give you bonuses corresponding to the department you leave them in as follows:
* Office – Each intern gives you $3 per day while in the main office. This represents the price of a latte they fetch while ‘helping as needed’.
* HR – This department develops cake technology which is used to recruit more interns. For every cake you develop you will recruit 1 additional intern per day. You will notice a bar to the left side of this department. Simply pump interns into this department to fill the bar. When it hits the top you earn 1 cake tech and the bar starts over. Note: cake tech becomes exponentially more difficult with each new cake.
* Engineering – Pump interns into this department to develop new products. Each product is worth between $1-10 per day.
* Marketing - Pump interns into marketing to reach out and network with industry bloggers who, in turn, write about your products. Each blogger contact makes products 25% more valuable.
You have 6 upgrade slots that each can be used for 1 of 3 available upgrades. I recommend upgrading as early as possible. Here are your options:
* Engineering upgrade $150 - Whenever you develop a new product it will be worth +$1 per day per engineering upgrade with a maximum value of $10 per day. You should probably spend this before getting your first product and you might want to get between 0-3 of these upgrades.
* Marketing upgrade $750 – Gives you a 15% boost on the value of your products. (stackable)
* Cake tech upgrade $1500 – Gives you 1 additional cake tech. You definitely want to get this after you’ve already gained 4-5 cake techs through HR.
Whenever you fill a bar in any department an immediate party is initialized and productivity stops for the remainder of the day. To maximize intern hours use as few interns as possible to top off a bar on the last day and use the remainder of the interns in other departments.
Pump HR first then Engineering and marketing at the same time. Upgrade 1 Engineering followed by 1-2 cake techs then the rest marketing. Start pumping interns into the main office around day 180-190.